DepartmentHealth Care and Social Work
The Department of Health Care and Social Work was established in 2012 with a mandate of the Academic Council of NBU.
Among the main academic research areas of the Department are: child development disorders, communication disorders in children and adolescents, interpersonal interactions, deinstitutionalization and social integration of children, telemedicine, neurobiology, speech therapy and speech pathology research.
The Department takes part in research projects funded by the Ministry of Education in Bulgaria, the Erasmus and the EU Human Resources Development Operational Programmes.
Every year the Department staff members participate in a range of national and international conferences , organize and host international scientific events with practical application.
In the 2014/2015 academic year the Department offers the following training programmes:
• Bachelor's Degree Programme ‘Speech Therapy’
• Bachelor's Degree Programme ‘Social Work’
• Minor programme ‘Speech Therapy’
• Minor programme ‘Social Work’
• Minor programme ‘Digital Humanities’ (in English)
• Master’s Degree Programme ‘Health Care Management’
• Master’s Degree Programme ‘Speech-Language Pathology Treatment’.
• Master’s Degree Programme ‘Clinical Social Work’.
The Healthcare and Social Work Department has signed student mobility agreements under Erasmus Programme with universities in France, Portugal and Romania.
The Department runs a Centre for Treatment of Childhood Communication and Emotional-Behavioural Disorders. The main activities carried out by the Centre are:
• treatment of child developmental disorders: communication, emotional and behavioural;
• internship for student speech therapists;
• research and field work.
asossiat. prof. Margarita Stankova, MD, PhD
Building 2, Room 213
tel.: 02/8110 683